|Location: Lancaster, Lancashire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Allard|
Our client is seeking Quality Engineers
- Responsible for Quality of product.
- Assist business on areas for improvement.
- Development of clear and concise Operating Procedures, embedding Quality Best Practice within the business unit.
- Ensure required customer approvals are met.
- Contributing to the satisfaction of internal & external customers.
- Acting as a service and provider of quality techniques to whichever department requires it.
- Primarily focussing on product within the business unit, whilst working with and supporting the other cell Quality Engineers in instilling operational quality across the company and utilising best practice.
- Interface with Internal and External customers & suppliers on quality issues.
- Disposition of Non-Conforming Product, FAIR approvals, OFI Identification, Customer Issues, Provide Training, Improvement activities (inspection and process related).
- Effective Control /raising of concessions, Fixed process Approvals, Production Approval Requests, Design Approval Requests etc. Corrective Action Requests (supplier issues & improvement activities).
- Compile and submit FAIR's ( Stage 1 /2 - Risk Based) for customer approval ( using Visual FAIR)
- Compilation / monitoring of FMEA , Reproducibility & Repeatability Data , and PPAP Documentation (inc. acting as PPAP Coordinator)
- Driving improvement activities to reduce scrap, rework and non-value added costs.
- Data capture, analysis, and action generation to bring about improvements based upon factual data.
- Supporting / leading 8D exercises multi-disciplined teams
- Disposition and management of complaint product using customer process (e.g. Notice of Potential Quality Escape, DIVE package reviews etc.)
- Completion of Internal Product, process, Quality Assurance and Quality Control Audits and External Supplier Audits / Corrective Action Follow ups as required.
- Prepare and submit KPC data to customer as required.
- Involvement with 2nd and 3rd party audits.
Required Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a quality engineer role
- HNC/HND in an engineering discipline is essential
- Degree in an engineering discipline is desirable
- Approachable but assertive
- Results driven
- Organised, methodical and diligent
- Keen to make a difference
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.