|Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + stock options, private healthcare|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Salary: £60k - £70k
Benefits: Stock options, Priviate healthcare, Pension, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, Paid training, Free parking, brand new state of the art factory
Are you a Quality Manager from a Manufacturing background, looking for an exciting role in which you will developing the very latest quality systems, and shape the quality function for a cutting edge CNC Manufacturing company with a vision of making an autonomous factory?
My client is a dynamic manufacturing company. We utilise innovative processes with 'state of the art' manufacturing techniques including AI on the latest equipment to deliver cost effective, superior tooling and component solutions for the metallic components industry. We support high profile customers across a variety of sectors, including automotive, aerospace, defence, motorsport and commercial industry. We work to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that will enable us to produce the highest quality metallic components to customer requirement, whilst reducing lead times and cost.
On offer is the opportunity to play a key part in this company's fast paced scaling and growth to become a market leading manufacturing solution in a world class facility. This is an unrivalled opportunity where you will lay the basis for enabling the company to develop its strategy by implementing an industry leading quality management system.
The role would suit a Quality Systems Manager from a Manufacturing CI background, looking to build your own system for process improvement, helping us to achieve our goal of creating the perfect manufacturing solution as a global company.
To develop and implement the quality systems strategy, the Quality Manager will be the focal point for the business on Quality and other Regulatory matters such as AS9100 and ISO9001.
You will lead the Quality function to support the business needs.
To drive design assurance, supplier Quality, Cost of poor Quality and Zero defects to ensure
Using process capability to negotiate quality standards with customers to ensure that manufacturing are given the widest possible process window.
You will ensure that all internal and external audits are completed in line with QMS, reporting all data accordingly.
Oversee Health & Safety and Environment across the site by working on a positive culture built around safety within the workplace.
The technical management of the Inspection function ensuring that sufficient capacity is available to meet the companies needs.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the requirements of all quality standards and accreditation's are understood and communicated throughout the Company.
The implementation and promotion of a continuous improvement culture throughout the business
Working closely with the technology team to develop automated processes wherever practically possible
Responsible for root cause, corrective and preventive actions for all non conforming components and processes, building strong working relationships with suppliers and customers as required
* Previous Quality Engineering experience within the Manufacturing industry is essential
* Supplier development and process improvement experience using CI techniques would be advantageous
* Good working knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001 preferably with knowledge of Tier 1 QMS requirements
* A recognised H&S qualification and ISO 14001 would be desirable
* Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills are essential for the maintenance of QMS spreadsheets and producing QMS data and reports
* Ability to write concise and effective written procedures.
* The ability to read and understand complex Customer drawings, and Customer Specifications
* Working knowledge of manual and CNC CMM's is highly desirable
* Has been a member of a Senior Management Team, understands the dynamics of the team, functional departments and their interrelationships.
* Experience of acting as the company point of contact with customers, regulatory and certification bodies.
* Customer escapes
* Non conformance (supplier, parts & process) response tinme
- Minimum of six years of experience in a QA role, (four of which should be at a senior level and another two in an engineering related role within aerospace / technology / manufacturing)
- Dynamic with high integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ideally HNC or above in engineering.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.