|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Quality Manager required for one of the largest and most established defence companies in the world, based in Southend-on-Sea. They are looking for someone to join their Environmental Test Centre, ensuring that UKAS accreditation is maintained, through audit and evaluation of working practices, ensuring that the facility is certified for operation.
The succesful candidate for the Quality Manager position will have strong engineering and technical experience, preferebly with experience in the environmental test area, including experience of Def-Stan 00-35 and IEC 17025.
All applicants for this Quality Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- To work with the Environmental Test Group Leader to ensure the UKAS accreditation is maintained, through audit and evaluation of working practices, and work with the Operations Manager to ensure it is effectively implemented and the facility is certified for operation.
- Actively seek out opportunities for, promote, and encourage continued improvement in the operations.
- Support the planning and co-ordination of external audits within the facility, including resolution of non-conformities.
- Ensure that the Engineering teams are working to the correct standards required by the operational management.
- Take responsibility for all documentation and ensure it is reviewed at the required intervals, maintained at the appropriate standard, and plan and execute any necessary actions following review.
- Work with the Team Leads to assure the Group Lead and Operations Manager that the staff is appropriately trained for the activities they are undertaking by helping coordinate training plans.
- Provide quality assurance of project outputs by reviewing and authorising reports and Test House Certificates
- Provide Independent Design Review of trials plans to enable Trials Delivery.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required for the Quality Manager position:
- A detailed understanding of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing.
- Strong engineering and technical experience, preferably more than 5 years in the environmental test area including knowledge and understanding of relevant standards and processes (e.g.. Def-Stan 00-35, BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005).
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external to the business, including customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Results-focussed and high levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious.
- High level of IT competence.
- Must have driver's license and own car.
- Subject to Security Clearances.
- Professional development in a technical or engineering subject;
- Has held a position of technical responsibility,
- A tangible track record of achievement demonstrating review/audit experience.
- Ability to encourage collaboration between team members and activities.
- A degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent nationally recognised professional qualification is highly desirable
- Chartered Engineer status is desirable
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for the position please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.