|Location: Kings Hill, Kent||Salary: £16.4 - £18.45 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Job Title: Quality Manager
Team: Quality & Performance
Location: Kings Hill
Contract Type: Monthly - Chance to go from temp to perm!
Salary: £16.40 - £18.45 per hour
37.5 Hours per week
Report to: Quality and Performance Manager
Job Summary for the Quality Manager:
Our client is a fantastic main contractor where they are driving in a culture of quality! The successful Quality Manager will be required to provide quality management assurance to support the integrated business management system. Also to ensure contracy compliance.
You will be required to support the effective management of noncomformities and help drive improvements. You will also need to provide confidence through quality control and an independant verification that the company is fulfilling all contractual routine mainteance requirements in respect to; safety, quality and delivery.
The Quality Manager will need to verify, analyse and report performance of netowrk management and mainteance activities.
Main Responsibilities for a Quality Manager:
- Ensure safe working practice
- Manage the internal audit programme in accordance with agreed procedures
- Plan and carry out internal audits and prepare audit reports
- Utilise our in-house system to manage non-comformities
- Provide support, advice and training to teams in managing non-comformities including their indentification, root cause analysis, preparation of corrective action reports and closing out in a timely manner.
- Support Highways England's Service Quality Review programme (THEIR CLIENT)
- Support Highways England programme of Network Tours
- Manage and support as required external audits such as certification audits to ISO 9001
- Understand contractual requirements in respect to inspection, maintenance, severe weather management and incident management
- Ensure programmes of work and plans exist to deliver requirements
- Check and verify programmes are resourced
- Check that work is being done and done well, including:
- Operate a system of shadow safety and service inspections
- Inspect routine maintenance activities
- Inspect defect repairs and make safe activities
- Report on compliance and/or non-compliance of routine maintenance programmes and activities with the maintenance requirements plan
- Reccomend and support improvement activities
- Identify and share best practice
- Review activities regularly to encourage innovation and the adoption of lean principles within the team to drive out waste and non-value added activities.
- Support teams as required in reviewing and amending the design of their processes
- Prepare and deliver training related to area of responsibility including coaching and mentoring.
Essentials for the Quality Manager:
- Lead Auditor
- Experienced in team problem solving
- Good written and spoken English Language
- Experienced in presentation to meetings
- Ability to organise own workload and work of others
- Driving License
- IT Literate microsoft excel and work basics minimum
- ISO 9001
- Microsoft Office MS Word, Excel, Visio
- Knowledge of special defence under Section 5B of the Highways Act
- Knowledge OF CAT1 andCAT 2 (safety/service) defects and repair.
- Excellent Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Attention to detail, ability to check work of self and others
- Highly motivated able to inspire and motivate others
- Collaborative working
- Team Player
Desirables for the Quality Manager:
- Preferably qualified and experienced in Quality Management systems and techniques
- Appropiate CSCS card or equivalent
- OHSAS 18001, ISO 44001, ISO141001, ISO 27001, PAS 99, PAS 55
- National Highways sector schemes
- Member of chartered Institute of Quality or other reievant professional body
- Knowledge of all standards, inspection and maintenance categories including; Drainage systems, Vehicle Restraint systems, paved areas, fences walls and environmental barriers, sweeping and cleaning, road markings and studs, Road traffic signals and lighting.
- Experienced Manager
- Site Supervision of works on the motorway and trunk road network inspection experience
If you are interested, please get in touch as they will look to interview ASAP.