|Location: Gatwick, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
A successful and growing company specialising in defence communications are seeking a Quality Manager to provide a Quality Assurance and Inspection in support of the company's varied products to AS9100 standards. The ideal candidate will come from a defence background.
Why you should apply:
The successful Quality Manager will want to work for this client because they will give you a wealth of benefits:
- Salary between £40,000 and £50,000
- Bonus: the company operates a discretionary bonus scheme which is performance related.
- Pension: contributory with the company matching contributions up to 5%
- Private Health Insurance
- Holiday: 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for daily checks and inspections of all quality related activities within the company, including in process inspection, maintenance of company procedures, audit of activities and reporting to the board of directors.
The Quality Manager responsibilities:
- Management of Quality Engineer (Goods-In Inspector)
In process inspection of equipment in manufacture and test.
- Manage and improve the company procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with AS9100 Quality Standard.
- Maintaining DAOS approval
- Hosting external quality audits by UKAS Assessors and Customers.
- Liaison with Suppliers and conducting Supplier audits.
- Managing Corrective Action requirements.
- Managing Approved Supplier List.
- Head of Independent System Monitoring (DAOS requirement)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Planning
- Safety Manager - Maintain and improve HSE Management System
- Project Safety Manager - Hazard Analysis and Mitigation
- Anti-corruption Program
- Fire and intruder Safety Systems
- Internal Training Manager
The Quality Manager required Knowledge:
- HNC or Higher in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar role working in an AS9100/ISO9001 environment.
- Experience of working in the Defence sector
- Experience of working to DAOS (MAA Design Approved Organisation Scheme) requirements
- Safety Management (HSE and Project related)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve Security Clearance on commencement.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.