|Location: Uckfield, East Sussex||Salary: £23000 - £28000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Production||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Quality Technician / Engineer
East Sussex, Commutable from: East Grinstead, Brighton, Uckfield, Burgess Hill, Crowborough etc
Circa £24,000 depending on experience + Great Benefits
I have a great opportunity for a Passionate Quality Technician / Engineer to Join a well-known and respected product design and manufacturing company of professional food industry equipment. Become part of an exciting and creative business with a heritage that spans over 140 years. You will be a highly motivated results driven Quality Technician / Engineer, with a strong background in production and engineering. Huge amounts of energy and passion for improving operational standards, productivity and increasing sales through fantastic quality controls and product standards. Your attention to detail will be outstanding and you will have the energy to proceed even when the challenge is tough, and the deadline is tight. You will happily get stuck in at work and social events and communicate with all members of staff. Have a hands-on approach to all tasks with a passion for the implementation of continuous improvement projects. Help us to provide our customers with the best service we can provide.
Some of the main duties & Ideal experience of the Quality Technician / Engineer will include:
* Production & Operational Background, Ideally electronics but not essential
* Experience/knowledge of ISO9001
* Managing Culture change and encouraging get on board attitude to quality control
* Proficient in IT, Microsoft Office Package ie. Excel, Word
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong attention to detail
* Experience using sensitive measuring equipment
* Controlling and liaising with suppliers on quality issues and supporting purchasing with SCAR's (Supplier Corrective Action Reports, training provided).
* Ability to follow a process.
* Ability to read technical drawings (training available)
* Assisting with new product introduction - including assisting Engineer with Build instructions and setting up
* Logging samples and managing sample sign off for new product introduction and Engineering changes
* Assistance with PPAP completion (Pre-Production Part Approval Process, training provided) and Using No Go Gauges
* Conducting inspections of incoming products/components/finished product
* Reporting, recording and analysing results on a weekly/monthly basis
* Liaising and communicating issues with various departments daily
* Proactive identification of improvement opportunities for the company (product, process, technology);
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Technician / Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.