|Location: Croydon, Surrey, S. E. England, England||Salary: £50000 - £58000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 28 days ago|
£50k-58k + £7,000 car/travel & Package
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading civil engineering & infrastructure contractor delivering a £40m project for a big client on a major infrastructure project in Croydon. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining the site based team and given the opportunity to build, develop and mentor a team of 4 surveyors on the project which is currently on site and due for completion in late 2020.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you'll be overseeing the day to day commercial delivery of the project which includes the design, installation & commissioning of a new high voltage cable circuit between Croydon and 3 other sites in the local area. Your role as the Quantity Surveyor will include acting as a mentor for the AQS & Project QS's on the project alongside the following duties:
- Undertaking contract administration including change management
- Challenge & manage cost control and cost mitigation
- Prepare, negotiate and agree change events
- Maximise cash position including WIP control, cash flow and improvement plans
- Contract negotiation
- Administration of supplier & subcontractor accounts
- Identify and mitigate commercial risks, value engineering and opportunities
- Acting as a mentor in the development of other surveyors
As well as the long term and realistic career progression on offer, my client is also offering the successful Quantity Surveyor the support of an experienced, approachable Senior Commercial Team, exposure to exciting and interesting projects, APC support and a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50k to £58k
- Car / Travel allowance of £7k
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Payment of professional fees
Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have experience working on projects procured on the NEC contract, excellent communication skills, confident when working directly with clients and enjoy supporting and mentoring junior members of the team.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for more responsibility whilst gaining exposure to a large, complex project for a sought after client.
Call Matt Clegg @ Gold Group today to ensure you don't miss out.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.