|Location: Windsor, Berkshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 25 days ago|
R&M Area Manager (JV Infrastructure Alliance)
Role Purpose for the R&M Area Manager:
- Responsible for briefing and delivery of governance and control including outputs, budgets, efficiencies, programme changes and risk management.
- You will be R&M focused and responsible for operational delivery (cost, safety, production) of looking after 5 to 7 supervisors (25 to 35 R&M teams of 2 men each).
Key Accountabilities for the R&M Area Manager:
- Embed the cultures and behaviours within the JV to be consistent with the IA expectations. Ensure this is consistently delivered throughout the operational team by continuous encouragement of alliance behaviours
- Manage the performance of field resources to ensure best value options are delivered to cost, time, safety and quality standards.
- Manage and report on performance, emerging risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that health, safety, environmental and quality issues are addressed in a systematic manner and focused on continuous improvement.
- Maintain a culture of accountability and strong relationships amongst members of the team, contractors, stakeholders and partners
- Drive a customer-focused culture in pursuit of excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the processes and policies of the JV and IA are adhered to.
Essential for the R&M Area Manager:
- A track record of managing successful relevant activities
- Demonstrate capability with risk-based and analytical decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills to include relevant industry specific tools and systems
- Strong man management skills
Competencies and Expectations
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- You have an uncompromising approach to Health, Safety and Wellbeing and instil the same with your teams, peers and senior managers.
- You set clear expectation for your teams, engender a sense of pride by demonstrating a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Wellbeing by role modelling your own high standards.
- You have mechanisms in place to monitor and measure performance both in terms of your employees and contractors; you understand any required improvements and have clear, achievable plan in place
- You ensure your managers adhere to the highest possible standards of Health, Safety and Wellbeing by promoting it as a priority on your agenda.