|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Radiation Physicist needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Radiation Physicist that takes pride in their work with demonstrable knowledge and experience (through higher-level degree, or equivalent experience) in radiation science/health physics or similar discipline, wide ranging knowledge of radiation detection systems and related physics and a good level of analytic and diagnostic skills.
The Dorset office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition, you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Radiation Physicist will include:
- Through direct or delegated/sub-contracted activities, ensure the business is, and remains, compliant with relevant legislation & licence conditions pertaining to the use, storage, security, handling, control & disposal of radioactive sources & substances.
- Co-ordinate, maintain & lead RPS personnel to meet legislative and business needs.
- Co-ordinate & maintain classified person personnel to meet legislative and business needs.
- Provide authoritative advice to Business Unit Management and the Health and Safety Manager / Environment Manager on all radiation safety and legal compliance matters associated with radioactive substances and radiation safety within the company.
- Provide guidance to technical, project, commercial, and sales teams regarding the use, storage, security, handling, control and disposal of radioactive sources and substances where applicable.
- Support audits & inspections by third party bodies regarding compliance with relevant legislation & licence conditions pertaining to the use, storage, security, handling, control & disposal of radioactive sources & substances.
- Estimate, manage and control annual business unit expenditure on radiological safety and security matters within agreed budgets where applicable.
- Provide reports to, and/or attend where required, the Health & Safety committee on radiological safety and security matters
What experience you need to be the successful Radiation Physicist:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience (through higher-level degree, or equivalent experience) in radiation science/health physics or similar discipline.
- Wide ranging knowledge of radiation detection systems and related physics.
- Good level of analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Basic skills in significant engineering tools.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with radiological legislation essential
- Experience with nuclear safeguards legislation advantageous
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Radiation Physicist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Radiation Physicist position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.