|Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire||Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + car +_ bonus|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Steve Barham|
This in in-house opportunity for a qualified solicitor or lawyer to work for a leading London centric AIM listed residential property developer. The company specialises in creating, designing and building innovative landmark developments across the London area. The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Legal Services with the implementation of legal strategy and policy while undertaking operational and leadership activates within the team.
- A qualified solicitor with at least three years PQE
- Have a background working within real estate, commercial and/or residential property
- Ideally have a background on within development and plot sales
- You can deliver strong and consistent performance
- Work with respect for our colleagues and customers
- Team work player
About the role
- Undertaking and reviewing searches at the Land Registry to discover who has an interest in the property.
- Investigating title to the property to check if it is good and marketable and raise additional enquiries with the seller's solicitor.
- Checking the property is not subject to any restrictive covenants or third-party rights of way.
- Considering and advising on the structure of the proposed purchase to reflect the heads of terms.
- Negotiating the contract with the seller's solicitors to include where appropriate overage deeds/ build and access licences/ deeds of covenant.
- Drafting the lease or transfer agreements
- Reporting preparing legal reports on the key legal issues of the proposed transaction in order to provide a record of the key terms and structure of the deal.
- Reporting to and responding to queries raised by the Bank's solicitors.
- Preparing the security documents, including legal charge, step in deeds, board minutes, director's certificate and undertaking to the banks solicitors.
- Assisting in the planning process, including negotiating and drafting the Section 106 Agreement.
- Drafting leases and development agreements for the sale of the affordable housing units at the development.
- Reviewing the rights of light report and advising on any legal issues and possible solutions such as light obstruction notices.
- Investigating insurance options.
- Ensuring the property is not subject to any legal charges or restrictions
- Ensuring there is no one in occupation of the property or has a leasehold interest at the property.
- Reviewing local authority, highway, chancel, water and drainage, environmental, flood and 'groundwise' searches to ensure there are no issues with the proposed site.
- Preparing relevant documents such as a deed of release and deed of indemnity. Conveyancing drafting contracts and leases for plot sales and preparing notes to Buyers' Solicitors and Development Information to send to potential purchasers' solicitors.
- Answer all queries from the Legal Assistants regarding unusual legal queries of the transaction.
- Drafting documents during the development preparing section 278 agreements, buildover agreements, deeds of release and electricity substation leases.
This a great role for somebody making a move from private practice to an in-house environment. This role would also suit somebody who is looking to moving from an in-house role to a company who have rapid growth plans combined with a strong balance sheet.