|Location: Coventry, West Midlands||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Senior Operations Maintenance Engineer
Coventry / Midlands area (There will be some travelling locally around the midlands)
Salary is competitive with lots of overtime and call out available
Company Van or company works vehicle & Fuel card + uncapped overtime
Standard Hours: 37.5
Despite current circumstances we have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK's largest telecommunications within the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Senior Operations Maintenance Engineer to work around the Midlands area to provide support to the Regional Manager in delivering planned and/or maintenance services for the motorway telecoms infrastructure.
Key Duties for the Senior Operational Maintenance Engineer:
- To oversee that the team works in accordance with agreed processes and controls
- To drive a 'can-do' philosophy within the teams and to work pro-actively with the Client.
- To collaborate with the other teams in O&M to resolve operational Issues and contribute to a sustainable business.
- To provide functional day to day supervision to a team of engineers as required, to ensure that the highest levels of service are attained
- To ensure that established and potentially new relationships within the client and their scheme sub-contractors are maintained and developed.
Day to Day tasks for the Senior Operational Maintenance Engineer:
- Planning and delivery of maintenance, both reactive and planned
- Responsible for deputising for the Regional Manager at times of absence.
- Assisting the field team in resolving complex issues through sound technical support and direction.
- Completing developmental and training needs of engineers through their operational objectives and annual performance reviews.
- Working to identify and address root cause of repeated failures and to drive down truck rolls.
- Completing all aspects of planned and/or maintenance activities.
- Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
- Managing third party subcontractors.
- Monitor and report to Management team on progress and issues.
- To show a high level of professionalism at all times.
- To promote the company and its services to our customers.
Business Operational Skills the successful Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer will have:
- Experienced in Installation and Commissioning of HIGHWAYS ENGLAND/Alcatel/Nokia equipment.
- Supervising short and long term HE Projects.
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Some supervision of sub-contractors may be required.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
- Overview of MS Office applications.
- Good communication.
- HNC or equivalent and relevant industry experience.
- First line supervisory management qualification or experience.
- Experience of working on motorways and with HA communications/ Telecommunications
- Sector 8 / NHSS8 highly desirable
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary with and excellent over time and call out package
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.