|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Release Manager - Horsham
I am keen to speak to experienced Release Managers as part of substantial recruitment drive for our client in Horsham.
Release Managers will: Plan and manage the software releases within the business, co-ordinating between all stakeholders involved and ensuring transparency of progress, risks etc.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
* Forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
* Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time
* Focus on release governance and traceability of all changes delivered, ensuring process is followed
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the team backlogs and production incidents
* Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Work closely with the DevOps Champions to orchestrate the deployment activities
* Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
* Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
* Produce deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
* Weekly Release Reporting
* Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
* Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
* Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key customers and partners
* Continually work towards making improvements to the release process, including
* Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
* Explore and work with DevOps to identify and implement tooling that enhances our release management capabilities
* Lead CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
* Maintains release pages to manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
* Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
* Agile evangelist with a passion for an approach to release management that enables agility.
* Intermediate / advanced user of JIRA and Confluence
* Previous release management experience
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
* Ability to grasp the high-level understanding of software architecture and the components that make up the architecture of the organisation
* Understanding of the testing lifecycle involved in getting working software out to users in production
* Experience as a release manager in an organisation that is becoming more agile and gradually shifting from manual deployments to CI / CD
* Previous experience as one of the following: Product owner, Scrum master, Project manager for software delivery
* Financial Services
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.