|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Defence Industry Client.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Reliability Engineer with experience of Maintainability and Testability Engineering if possible. This is a huge and extremely successsfulorganisation working on the biggest UK projects for the MOD.
Main activities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Undertaking the day to day discharge of Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering duties.
- Utilising Reliability Analysis, from both FME(C)A & Safety Analysis.
- Assessing Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Analysis
- Proven understanding of the Systems engineering life-cycle.
- Knowledge of Def Stan 00-40, 00-42, Mil-Hdbk-217
- Development and Planning of Testability environments.
- Systems Engineering technical process and use of Doors (plus IBM Rhapsody)
- System Architecture Analysis.
- Ability for mapping of functionality onto hardware & software components.
- Ability for mapping of the software architecture onto hardware components
- System architecture analysis (e.g. the behavior) between them.
- Knowledge of system Architecture Description Languages (ADLs). MoDAF DoDAF UML SysML
- Knowledge of software reliability modelling.
- Providing Testability input into the Design process.
- Assess Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (DRACAS) outputs and corrective actions.
- Maintaining appropriate contact with relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the programme.
- Liaising with supportability Team members to better understand expectations and performance needs.
Skills, qualifications and experience.
Educated to at least HNC/Degree level in a relevant defense/engineering related subject and/or have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Significant relevant practical experience of the required aspects of Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Reliability Centred Maintenance Techniques and Analysis as well as the associated activities relating to DRACAS, R&M Case and Safety Analysis.
- Experience should include working with, and understanding the requirements of the generally acknowledged international R&MT standards used in the defense industry.
- Effective communication skills and PC skills are also essential for this role as are good interpersonal skills, and the ability to make sound technical assessments/judgements based on knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.