|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Research Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Supporting our Special Projects line of business, a key project requires the continued development and capability sustainment of strategic material developments and their product solutions. Integrating into a wider systems engineering environment, the role suits a professional with materials research background who wants to move into a more holistic and systems driven environment. A potential first Team Leader role, the right applicant could lead a small team of engineers to deliver programme activities and milestones.
As a research engineer the role involves a wide range of activities including:
- Supporting the development of manufacturing processes to ensure consistent products that meet required quality and technical requirements.
- Providing advice and recommendations on Materials testing, selection and application.
- Leading small scale materials research tasks, resourcing the support needed to deliver, while ensuring the cost and schedule achievement of the task.
- Building and maintaining materials properties databases and specifications to support the Engineering community.
- Producing technical documentation to support all activities, from trials specifications to detailed trials reporting.
- Communicating with all stakeholders, including Programme, Customer (both UK and US) and any external suppliers to ensure results are delivered to the highest standards.
- Working within and promoting the use of the Product Development Processes (PDP), which provides the guidance, instructions and controls need to deliver a high end product.
- Use of Microsoft Office and some bespoke software tools associated with materials trials analysis.
- Experience with the development of composite materials manufacturing, processing and characterisation methods.
- Experience within metallurgy, in particular Aluminium, including manufacturing, processing and characterisation methods.
- Experience in welding techniques, rapid prototyping and special processes.
- Materials research or materials science and engineering background (qualifications and work experience) in both metallic and composite materials.
- Writing technical documents.
- Trials management experience from trials specification, instrumentation, completion, post trials analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge or experience in non-destructive inspection techniques.
- Knowledge or experience in Wire Additive Arc Manufacturing (WAAM)
- Experience within a Materials Laboratory
- Experience within an Environmental Test Facility
- Liaison with external Test Houses
- Experience of working within an ISO 9001 Quality system.
- Presentation skills
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!