|Location: Kent||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Chris Vowles|
Research Leader - Organic Chemistry - CRO
On behalf of one of my CRO Clients I am recruiting for a permanent full time opportunity for a Research Leader at its Hertfordshire site, reporting to the Head of Medicinal Chemistry. I am looking for individuals with a background in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO.
- Highly skilled organic chemistry experimentalist able to perform challenging syntheses and purifications. Gives expert guidance and mentoring in experimental techniques to more junior colleagues when required
- Collaboration with both internal and external groups to enable smooth running of medicinal chemistry programmes
- Project management of customers medicinal chemistry programmes and oversees other customers medicinal chemistry programmesÂ
- As part of the management team will work closely with the sales and marketing team providing technical support when interacting with customers
- Responsibilities also include driving continuous improvement initiatives (particularly focusing on chemistry and medicinal chemistry), H and S leadership and accountability, recruitment and external presentation of science
- PhD or degree in chemistry plus relevant experience in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry
- Considerable experience in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
- Proven track record in leading medicinal chemistry programmes within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.