|Location: Wembley, Greater London, England||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Space, Life Sciences, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Resource Planning Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Resource Planning Manager needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the West London area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Resource Planning Manager that takes pride in their work.
The successful Resource Planning Manager would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification.
You will be responsible for ensuring the business has the optimal depth and breadth of multi-disciplinary engineering and operational staff to meet current and future needs.
You will lead the strategic S&OP process as well as the tactical, near term, supply and demand planning processes, spearheading the related technical initiatives to enhance data analysis and be a passionate advocate for data integrity.
What the role of the Resource Planning Manager entails:
Some of the main duties of the Resource Planning Manager will include:
- Support business strategy and the budget process by maintaining up to date and accurate staffing and resourcing plans.
- Identify the recruitment needs within the engineering and operations communities and provide the business case justification.
- Work with engineering and operational leads to identify resource gaps and proactively manage actions to close them.
- Collaborate with functional leads to develop and implement policies and stratagems for effectively managing short term overload and underload of work.
- Work with Business Development team to shape their requirements for marketing support, bid resourcing and other needs.
- Engage with the Senior Management Team and senior engineering and operational staff to establish a deep understanding of the existing skills and qualities of the resource pool and ensure that career development is accommodate in resourcing decisions.
- Challenge the business protocols if they are adversely impacting resourcing.
- Be the first line arbiter between conflicting resourcing needs
What experience you need to be the successful Resource Planning Manager:
- Experienced user of Business Intelligence tools, ideally Qlik Sense but Power BI, Tableau or similar also considered as training and ongoing support available
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills particularly the use of data tables and graphics to convey data insights, leveraging analytics to ensure data-driven decisions are being made
- Competent user of MS Office suite particularly Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Formal Project Management qualification advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of ERP system (IFS) advantageous
- Project based engineering background required
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Resource Planning Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.