|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50 - £55 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Risk & Opportunity Manager
12 Month Contract
Risk & Opportunity Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Risk & Opportunity Manager with an in-depth experience in using industry standard risk tools such as ARM, Primavera Risk Analysis (formally Pertmaster) and Predict!.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Risk & Opportunity Manager will include:
- Develop the programme Risk and Opportunity register complete with quantitative and qualitative impacts and mitigation plans.
- Perform ongoing Monte Carlo schedule & cost risk analysis.
- Facilitate risk and opportunity meetings with programme team members including governance of the Risk & Opportunity Management process.
- Assist in the development of cohesive and logical programme mitigation plans.
- Maintain current status of the Risk and Opportunity Register.
- Production of Project Risk and Opportunity Reporting.
What you need to be the successful Risk & Opportunity Manager:
In order to be the successful Risk & Opportunity Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in industry standard risk tools, such as ARM, Primavera Risk Analysis (Formally Pertmaster) and Predict.
- This is a demanding role within a team environment, therefore the ability to work under pressure using initiative to take on responsibility and being able to use innovative approaches to problem solving within the project programme environment is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as having the ability to communicate effectively, formally and informally, with a wide range of people including internal senior management and project team members, subcontractors and suppliers through to high level customer representatives.
- For this to be successful the applicant must have good communication skills and be proficient in a wide range of presentation techniques.
- Ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- A fast learner with good analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to one's duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyse schedules for risk and opportunity and clearly communicate to programme manager and leads.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of risk planning in MoD or Defence related programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Strong technical background to understand the issues associated with the technical development and integration of cutting edge systems
- Planning / scheduling experience in MoD or defence contracting work involving all hardware, software and integration activities from development to production.
- Experience with MS Project 2007.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Risk & Opportunity Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!