|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £36000 - £43000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Risk Manager to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description for the Risk Manager:
The Risk Manager will provide Risk & Opportunity management support to either a single complex programme or across a number of projects within a business area. The Risk & Opportunity Manager will work directly with the project teams in the development & maintenance of Risk & Opportunity registers covering complex Design & Development, as well as support & production.
The risk and opportunity register contains the known cost, schedule and technical risk and opportunity, the Risk & Opportunity manager will work with the programme leads to develop a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the risk, and a mitigation plan for reducing or eliminating each risk and enhancing or exploiting each Opportunity.
In conjunction with the Master Planner/Scheduler the Risk and Opportunity manager will use the approved tool to develop a Monte Carlo analysis of the programme. The Risk and Opportunity manager will publish the results of the schedule & cost risk analysis in accordance with contract deliverable requirements.
Required skills for the Risk Manager:
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in industry standard risk tools, such as ARM, Primavera Risk Analysis (Formally Pertmaster) and Predict.
- This is a demanding role within a team environment, therefore the ability to work under pressure using initiative to take on responsibility and being able to use innovative approaches to problem solving within the project programme environment is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as having the ability to communicate effectively, formally and informally, with a wide range of people including internal senior management and project team members, subcontractors and suppliers through to high level customer representatives.
- For this to be successful the applicant must have good communication skills and be proficient in a wide range of presentation techniques.
- Ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- The candidate must have experience risk planning in MoD or Defence related programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- A fast learner with good analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to ones duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyse schedules for risk and opportunity and clearly communicate to programme manager and leads.
Desired skills for the Risk Manager:
- Strong technical background to understand the issues associated with the technical development and integration of cutting edge systems
- Planning / scheduling experience in MoD or defence contracting work involving all hardware, software and integration activities from development to production.
- Experience with MS Project 2007.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.