|Location: Ashford, Kent||Salary: £450 - £500 per day|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Safety and Compliance Manager CONTRACT role
6 Months duration.
£450 - £500 per day
Immediate Start available.
BC Clearance is sufficient
Key tasks for this role will include:
* Focal point for all product safety and regulation matters within the team including airworthiness. This covers both Aerial and Surface (boat) targets.
* Develop and maintain fit for purpose product safety and compliance processes in line with relevant company accreditations including DAOS and ISO 9001.
* Administration, maintenance and updates of existing product safety cases and compliance documentation.
* Creation of new safety cases to cover new target systems or locations.
* Advising on Safety Case Impact of Design changes.
* Provide airworthiness and safety support to customers.
* Provide support to the Field Services team to help them attain and maintain permissions to operate products worldwide.
* Provision of safety advice and management in any other circumstances required by the wider team
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
* Able to turn complex regulatory requirements in to simple, safe and compliant solutions.
* Able to operate autonomously and reactively to changing requirements
* Enthusiastic and committed to the role
* Good IT skills
* Calm, able to work well under pressure
* Good communicator, both written and oral
* Excellent team player
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Broad Engineering experience
* Significant experience of working in a regulated field of Engineering
* Understanding of product safety and compliance requirements
* Experience as a Safety Manager / Engineer in a Products Environment (desirable).
* Knowledge of airworthiness regulations and processes including DAOS (desirable).
* Engineering or Safety Degree (desirable)
* Chartered Engineer (desirable)
* Domain knowledge of Unmanned Systems (desirable)