|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Safety, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Safety and Reliability Engineer.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus, Pension, 25 days Hol + Bank Hols, Life Cover, Dental Insurance.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Safety and Reliability Engineer with a global supplier of high integrity control products for the Aerospace Industry.
The products include position sensing and control; cockpit controls (joysticks, throttles, selector handles and switches), high pressure pure air generators for sensor cooling and pneumatic ejection of aircraft munitions and ruggedized harness systems.
This positon reports directly to the Functional Manager of Systems, Safety and Supportability. The position will involve proactively influencing the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to minimise Whole Life Costs.
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards, directives and requirements including but not limited to, Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, MIL-HDBK 217F, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100 as appropriate
- Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements from customers
- Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans and case reports
- Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
- Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
- Influence the design and development of engineering solutions to be safe and supportable in accordance with the appropriate safety and supportability codes of practice
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
- Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements from international legislation, directives and standards that may be outside of the project scope and which may impact upon the business
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Pro-active and self motivated with good problem solving experience
- Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on rapidly moving projects
- Helpful and assistive approach to resolve technical challenges
- Confortable with change and has a forward looking attitude
- Good communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
- Degree or HNC educated in an engineering or science based discipline
- A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage but is not essential
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements
- Experience and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
- Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC would be an distinct advantage
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC
Awareness of supportability aspects of a programme
Experience of identifying Programme and Customer related Supportability requirements
Experience of Mechanical Engineering Development