|Location: Dorchester, Dorset||Salary: £35000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Safety Consultant / Safety Engineer
Bournemouth, Poole, Yeovil are all in commutable distance.
£35,000 - £65,000 dep on experience.
We are looking for a Safety Engineer to join an established Defence Safety client based in the Dorset office.
The successful candidate will work with clients (both direct to MOD and within the wider supply chain) to provide safety support throughout the life-cycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal.
The majority of work is focused on providing assurance that new systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
There are a wide variety of projects across Maritime, Land and Air domains, ranging from small equipment items through to large and intrecate systems and platforms.
Summary of normal day to day tasks:
- Safety Management Strategy development
- Safety Case development and management
- Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA)
- Hazard Log Management
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Safety Argument Structuring, e.g. Claim, Argument, Evidence (CAE)
- ALARP Assessment
- Independent Safety Audits
- Regulatory Interface and Support
- Legislation/Standards/Policy/Guidance review and assessment
- A degree in an Engineering, Safety, Mechanical or electrical subject
- Must be able to work closely in a team, as well as on independent projects as necessary
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.