|Location: Bath, Somerset||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Safety Engineer(s) x 2
Bath or Fareham dependant on your preference.
£35,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
As part of a growth plan, this client is actively recruiting experienced Safety Engineers to join its established team of experts. This role will be part of a team of consultants providing support to a range of clients. The posts can be based in either Bath or Fareham.
Ideally you will have experience of hazard management techniques, authoring of safety case reports and be comfortable attending safety meetings with colleagues and clients.
You may well have experience in more than one domain area (land/sea/air), you will have an engineering background and be working towards accreditation (IEng/CEng) through membership of a recognised institution.
- Support the delivery of safety engineering projects to defined schedules and budgets while meeting client and company expectations.
- Understand and comply with the UK MOD Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Develop client relationships.
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of MOD Safety Policy and Standards (DSA02, Def-Stan 00-56, POSMS, etc.).
- Experience of hazard logs.
- Experience of HAZID and hazard review meetings (support and facilitate).
- Experience of authoring safety assessment / safety case reports and providing justification of the ALARP status of the product (using GSN/CAE) and legislation compliance.
- Be articulate with professional presentational and written communication skills.
- Eligible for UK security clearance.
- Effective communicator.
Education / Skills
- It is desirable but not essential to hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- SSMO/SEMT or MOD SQEP Courses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, client relationship management and presentation skills.
- Service and results oriented.
- Self-starter, decision maker, with analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.