|Location: Bath, Somerset||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Defence Industry (SC Clearance required).
Bath or Southampton / Portsmouth areas.
£35,000 - £55,000 dependent on your experience + Excellent Benefits package.
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will have experience of authoring Safety Case reports, Hazard management techniques and attending Safety Engineering meetings.
They will have experience in more than one defence related domain (land/sea/air), have an engineering background and be working towards accreditation (IEng/CEng) through membership of a recognised institution.
- Support the delivery of Safety Engineering projects to schedule and budget whilst meeting client expectations.
- Understand, undertake and comply with the UK MOD Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Develop client relationships as part of project delivery by demonstrating a professional approach to your work.
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of MOD Safety Policy and Standards (Def-Stan 00-056, POSMS, etc.).
- Experience of creating and managing hazard logs.
- Experience of HAZID and hazard review meetings.
- Experience of authoring safety assessment / safety case reports and providing justification of the ALARP status of the product (using GSN/CAE) and legislation compliance.
- Be articulate with professional presentational and written communication skills.
- Be willing to travel both in the UK and overseas.
- Eligible for UK security clearance.
Education / Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, from a recognised institute or university, preferably in Engineering;
- SSMO/SEMT or MOD SQEP Courses
- Excellent communication, client relations and presentation skills;
- Service and results driven;
- Good organisational skills with high flexibility and mobility;
- Self-starter / decision maker;
- Ability to work well in a team setting.