|Location: Corsham, Wiltshire||Salary: £35000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Safety Engineer (x4)
Aerospace / Air Traffic Management
Salaries dependant on experience (all levels will be considered) £30,000 - £65,000.
Working experience in the ATM domain in a safety-related role.
Preparation of Safety Cases and Safety Arguments using Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) / Claims, Arguments and Evidence (CAE).
Experience of producing:
System FaultTree Analysis (FTA),
Event Tree Analysis (ETA),
Common Cause Failure Analysis,
Functional Failure Analysis (FFA),
Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA),
System Hazard Analysis Reports
Familiarity with ALARP principles and ALARP arguments.
Skills and General Knowledge:
Knowledge of design and implementation of safety management systems in the ATM domain.
functional safety engineering and assurance policies;
safety and risk management practices;
technical awareness of safety-related systems;
systems assurance and certification.
Knowledge in the application of safety engineering principles and safety management systems.
- Leading tasks and managing smaller ATM projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
- Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).