|Location: South West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 21 days ago|
£40,000 - £50,000
We have a unique opportunity for a Safety Engineer to join a team who have a passion for clinical safety and who want to make a difference. Reporting to the Lead Safety Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the Clinical Safety position of the companies products and services, through the production of hazard assessments and safety cases. You will work closely with other areas of the business to manage any emergent safety incidents, ensuring that immediate safety risk is controlled, and the root causes are eliminated.
- You should have demonstrable experience of supporting or undertaking safety assurance of systems, ideally healthcare IT systems, including producing deliverables to support safety cases.
- You should have experience of participating in safety meetings and be able to escalate and resolve incidents.
- You should have experience of following a safety incident management process and understand the associated activities.
- You should be an effective self-starter able to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines where there are often conflicting requirements and priorities.
- You will need to work closely with other colleagues so must be able to establish effective relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- Safety engineering or risk assessment experience in a safety-critical industry
- Knowledge of software development and assurance
- Knowledge of national and international safety standards
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English
Who would fit well?
- You need to be curios, inquisitive and ready to challenge assumptions.
- We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations.
- You need to think logically and creatively to find different solutions.
- We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local differences and challenges, without getting held down in why something might not work or may not be working.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.