|Location: New Malden, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
As a Safety Engineer you will be requiured to carry out safety engineering analysis of control systems as part of an overall BS EN 61508 design safety process.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Functional safety activities with internal and customer design teams
* Provide support to Engineering teams on safety-related design items
* Work with Safety Managers to provide evidence for Design Safety Assurance
* Produce technical documentation in accordance with customer or company procedures
* Travel to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, some occasional overseas travel, as required.
Skills & Experience
* Proven work experience in a Safety-related engineering environment
* Understanding and demonstration of compliance to international standards and clients specifications
* Experience in safety assurance of COTS based systems
* Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
* Experience in areas of safety and reliability analysis techniques:
hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Reliability Block Diagrams
* Ability to relate to different teams (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and suppliers engineering teams)
* Degree, HND, HNC in Electrical/ Electronic/ Control/ Software/ Systems Engineering or related discipline
* Familiar with the formal safety requirements of BS EN 61508 and SIL analysis
* Experience of ship control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
* Safety requirements capture and negotiation
* HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
* Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.