|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Hampshire, Portsmouth / Southampton area.
Safety Engineer required to provide technical safety subject matter expertise and leadership to support optimisation of avionics systems and equipment. Particularly in the area of reliability, maintainability and safety parameters.
The Safety Engineer will own the companies safety procedures and be required to liaise with other business units to ensure best practice is employed and shared across the organisation.
In this role the Safety Engineer will;
- Take a leading role in developing the processes used for System Safety to ARP4754 and ARP4761 standards.
- Conduct Safety Engineer duties to support equipment level airborne electronic equipment.
- You will have a detailed knowledge of Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Engineer processes.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Safety for the engineering department, acting as the technical authority and to technically mentor less experienced members of the project team.
- Prepare and review documentation: Reliability documentation, Fault Tree Analysis, System Safety Analysis, FMECAs, Provisioning documentation, Failure Catalogues, Testability documentation, Flight Safety Analysis, Hazard Analysis, and Maintainability Analysis.
- Confidently deal with internal and external customers and suppliers including the SMEs of key OEMs.
- Be able to review and understand external Technical Specifications as they apply to Reliability, Safety and Maintainability contractual requirements.
- Actively participate as a member of the Design Services team and/or project teams
Technical elements of the Safety Engineer role;
- IEng/CEng accredited University degree in Aerospace Technology / Safety Engineerings / Systems Safety / Aeronautical / Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical discipline with a strong Aerospace and/or Electrical Engineering content. Relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience of Safety analysis in the aerospace sector or lengthy experience of Safety Engineering in another 'safety-critical' domain and Safety Engineer position.
- Expertise with standards, e.g. MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN, ARP4754A and ARP4761.
- Good knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering principles.
- A strong knowledge of aircraft electronics systems and equipment.
- Good understanding of Aircraft Systems development.
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills with commercial awareness
- Good communication skills
- Willing to travel and/or occasionally work onsite at customer/supplier facilities
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.