|Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Safety Engineering Team Leader.
Cambridge or Leamington Spa.
£60,000 to £65,000.
Due to the expansion of business within our clients Systems Engineering department, we are actively searching for a Team Leader to lead the Functional Safety Team, you will be working in a multinational and multi-disciplined environment for a range of projects in the Automotive and Transport industries.
You will lead a team of Safety Engineers located in 2 Midland / Home Counties locations to deliver projects and drive the deployment of the safety engineering process across the wider company.
You will support various market sectors during the bid and proposal phase by working effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop a common approach for the customer base. You should be very comfortable in a client facing role and have experience of handlinmg clients directly yourself.
You will support the globally spread Functional Safety teams to develop best practice and processes, as well as develop greater collaboration with the other business groups such as Rail, Energy & Environment.
You are a proven Safety Engineer or Team Leader with a track record in:
- System Safety Engineering in the automotive or similar safety critical industries
- Hybrid and Electrical Vehicle safety case development
- You are now seeking your next move into a challenging technically advanced industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to manage people and a growing niche discipline.
- You understand the fundamentals of Functional Safety engineering, relevant safety engineering standards and more importantly understand the concepts behind them rather than having a focus on Safety of just ticking off a check-list.
- Able to work & communicate with senior level management, as well as team members, commercially related colleagues and customers.
- Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will be familiar some of the following:
- Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of Functional Safety engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of at least one of ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ARP 4754, ARP 4761, DEF-STAN 00-56, EN 5012x
- Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, FHA, HAZOP, RBD.
- Constructing safety arguments for complex embedded systems
- Practice of at least one of MEDINI Analyse IKV/KPIT toolchain, FaultTree+ Isograph, others…
Knowledge in at least one of the following additional areas would be advantageous:
- Electrical safety
- Embedded Software
- Control Systems
- Model-Based Development using the Mathworks tool-chain
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.