|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
SAP Basis Administrator
SAP Basis Administrator needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced SAP Basis Administrator. Technical role, essentially an SAP Database and Applications Administrator. BASIS is the key experience and everyone must have strong experience in this area. Must also have strong experience with underlying database technologies such as Oracle 9i, MS SQL and S4 HANA. Ideally, they will have good experience in at least 2 of these.
The successful SAP Basis Administrator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Contributed pension plan
- Career progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9 day fortnight
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the SAP Basis Administrator will include:
- SAP BASIS administrator who will be responsible for providing daily system management and support including configuration control, backups, security and SAP applications and database administration.
- Work alongside other network teams based on site.
- Building systems from scratch, request and perform backups
- Daily system administration, ECC6.0 system and client copies, disaster recovery, upgrades (Systems, Kernel/OSS etc), SAP implementations, TMS, SAP GUI, Application server administration, Authorisations and Security, Windows servers, networking and domain administration.
- Applying transports and system log monitoring
- Monitoring of background tasks
- Plan and manage application of patches
- Troubleshooting errors and system recovery
- System administration for non SAP databases that are interconnected with SAP such as Apriso (MES) and MRO solutions.
- Work with internal customers to assess new work and deliver existing projects.
- Assuring compliance with all local and corporate regulatory requirements
What you need to be the successful SAP Basis Administrator:
In order to be the successful SAP Basis Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A self-motivated individual who can take responsibility and who can work both independently and in a team environment
- Proven experience in SAP systems administration and implementation
- Very good understanding of Oracle 9i and associated DBA tools including MS SQL and SAP HANA.
- Knowledge of Windows and networking protocols
- Experience of daily system administration of SAP ECC6, BW, PI and Netweaver systems including client copies, patching, new implementations, TMS, SAP GUI, authorisations and security
- Experience of administering and maintaining SAP Business Objects 4.0 enterprise platform
- Experience of administering and maintaining non SAP databases such as Oracle, SQL.
- Experience working with the underlying infrastructure including Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft SQL database server, networking and domain administration.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery (DR) planning
- Understanding of capacity planning and backup tools
- Experience with the SAP ERP 6.0, Aerospace and Defense (A&D) industry, and other related SAP solutions.
- Experience with S/4HANA
- Experience with SLD configuration
- Experience of CHArm
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an SAP Basis Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.