|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a SAP Business Analyst to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
We are looking for a SAP PI/ABAP Developer to join the IT Team, the SAP PI/ABAP Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Technical design, development, testing, implementation, support, and documentation of PI and ABAP within an SAP NetWeaver 7.4 environment.
- Set up communication between SAP and external systems using industry standard technologies.
- Assuring comprehensive regression testing is completed before changes are released to the production environments.
- Collaborate with other IT and functional team members to maintain/apply coherent, optimized, integrated, and standardized processes.
- Work with internal customers to assess new work and deliver existing projects.
- Assuring compliance with all local and corporate regulatory requirements
- Experience in SAP NetWeaver process integration with XML, XSLT, WSDL, Secure FTP, Web Services, SOAP, and Business Process Execution Language (BPEL),
- Experience working with adapters such as (File, IDOC, IDOC_AAE, Http_AAE, Mail, RFC, SOAP, JDBC)
- Experience with graphical mapping and/or Java Mapping
- Possess the ability to read and write custom PI UDFs
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience with ABAP and ABAP OO (Smartforms, SAPScript, RFC, Workflow, Enhancements, User Exits, Function Modules)
- Understand how to use and implement modifications and enhancements within the BAdi framework, implement User Exits, and the use of ABAP/PI
- Experience with the SAP ERP 6.0, Aerospace and Defense (A&D) industry, and other related SAP solutions.
- Experience with SAP User Experience (UX) technologies - Fiori/UI5, SAP Screen Personas.
- Experience with HANA
- Experience with SLD configuration
- Experience with JAVA
This role is a fairly standard SAP PI/ABAP Developer role, but in future there may be opportunities to expand the role. As it is a small team they are encouraged to expand their skills and take on additional skills/responsibilities. For example Java is a desirable skill but if someone does not have much Java experience then there would be opportunities to learn Java from the team and develop that skill.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.