|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Defence, Nuclear
|Contact: Zoe Warrington
Location - Bristol
Duration - 6 months
Candidate needs to currently hold SC Clearance
We are looking for SAP consultant to join a leading Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Bristol. You will be responsible for providing both remote and hands-on technical support to a varied community of users.
You will be required to provide support for the existing team in the day to day running of applications specific to your knowledge base, assist in determining the impact of any changes to the application and delivery of those changes.
The Key individual responsibilities of the SAP Consultant:
- Liaise with 3rd line IT teams for additional support of the applications.
- Respond to IT incidents, perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalate to the appropriate group.
- Support software installations, patching and In Service Releases.
- Maintain security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Contribute to technical documentation, knowledge articles, procedures & process definitions.
- Support emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades, and configuration changes.
- Contribute to IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
- This role also requires flexibility as off-hours support will occasionally be required to support service restoration, following sufficient experience within the supported environment.
What experience you need to be the successful applicant as a SAP Consultant:
- Exposure to or understanding of ITIL processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- BASIS SAP (Front end support - Oil & Gas plus Fi)
- Computing or engineering degree preferred.
- Experience of working within a secure (classified) environment.
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable.
- Familiarity with BASIS SAP applications
- Creating new installations
- Licensing & Audit management
- Exposure to enterprise ITSM tools and supporting processes.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an SAP Consultant. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.