|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £38000 - £41000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Scheme Agent | Highways | Fixed-Term Contract | Kent | £38,000 - £41,000
My client, a highways company based in Kent, are seeking a Scheme Agent for a Fixed-Term contract and will be paying £38,000 - £41,000 per annum.
This Scheme Agent role will take responsibility to manage and supervise road maintenance and improvement schemes across the UK, up to £5m. This will include the planning, organising and overseeing construction works efficiently a per the construction program and meet all requirements in relation to health & safety.
Scheme Agent responsibilities:
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and Guidance.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment deployed on the Network complies with current health and safety legislative requirements
- Reporting all health and safety incidents involving Supply Chain staff to the Network Team Managers
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Management System with regard to day-to-day operational activities
- Monitor scheme construction programmes, including resources, in liaison with IDT Managers and IDT
- Construction leads.
- Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and seek to resolve with the IDT
- Manager and Design Lead.
- Liaise with site supervisors on site and ensure all works are in accordance with the specification and to the contract drawings.
Ideal Scheme Agent Specification:
- Educated to GCSE level (Maths & English grade C or above desirable, HNC/D in construction or equivalent)
- Experience of High-speed road network
- Ability to effectively plan, allocate and supervise staffing, plant and material resources
- Current driving licence
- CSCS Card
- Completion of Lean Competency Level 1
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Agent to join a fast-paced and exciting organisation, taking the reins of multiple schemes across the UK.