|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
You will be working in the Schemes Delivery team
Reporting to Senior Site Agent
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job summary for the Schemes Supervisor
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work within an expanding business where you can grow within the team. Our client is looking for a Schemes Supervisor to come in and hit the ground running!
Our client offers fantastic opportunites amd benefits as well as being able to gain experience, skills and knowledge along the way.
Supervising trunk road maintenance and motorway improvement schemes up to £5M.
Primarily, drainage, surfacing and pavement operations you will plan, organise and supervise construction works ensuring that they operate efficiently and meet all requirements in relation to health & safety, cost, productivity, quality, and the environment
Main Responsibilites for the Schemes Supervisor:
- Lead on site supervision briefing the relevant requirements of the Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and Guidance.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment deployed on the Network complies with current health and safety legislative requirements
- Reporting all health and safety incidents involving the company and Supply Chain staff to the Network Team Managers
- Ensure compliance with the A-one+ Environmental Management System with regard to day-to-day operational activities
- Report on progress after each shift the construction programmes, including resources with construction manager
- Supervise works on site and ensure all works are in accordance with the specification and to the contract drawings.
- Conduct and record on-going interim physical measurements during works and upon works completion
- Be fully conversant with the company's Site safety and procedures.
- Maintain records and use these to manage and control resources.
- Communicate with the Construction Manager and Delivery Manager of issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence. Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
- Maintain records of work-related discussions with the HA / design team.
- Review and approve site documentation
- Keep abreast of developments throughout the business.
- Adherence to the company's policies and procedures
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role
Person Specification for the Schemes Supervisor
- Educated to GCSE level (Maths & English grade C or above desirable, HNC/D in construction or similar)
- Driver's License
- First Aid at Work
- IT Knowledge
- Team Player
- Working night time and weekend, unsociable hours and bank holidays
- Able to motivate others
- High speed road network experience
- Supervisory experience
Desirable for the Schemes Supervisor
- Completetion of Lean Compertency Level 2
This is a fantastic opportunity working for a Tier 1 contractor, they move fast so get in touch!