|Location: London, England||Salary: £65000 - £85000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Sector: Medical Communications||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Paine|
SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR - UK
We are recruiting on behalf of global Medical Communications agency that are looking for an experienced Scientific Director to become a pivotal member of the organisation across the UK.
The role of the Scientific Director will lead you to be responsible for the following;
- Provide high-level scientific, strategic and marketing insight combined with editorial leadership of account teams. Effectively line manage and coach Writers and Editorial Team Leaders to ensure excellence in project delivery across the Group.
- Combine in-depth scientific understanding of the product/therapy area with commercial/market awareness to provide high-level strategic and tactical communication planning.
- Keep abreast of developments in the worldwide healthcare industry pertinent to medical communications/account/therapy area and communicate to the account and/or line management teams effectively.
- Use proven track record to provide guidance on briefing and reviewing.
- Establish positive long-term relationships with a wide range of brand team members in client organisations.
- Single-handedly manage client meetings of all types.
- Effectively troubleshoot/handle objections from the client/opinion leaders to ensure continuing good relationships.
- Ensure any changes in the internal account/project teams are managed and communicated appropriately with the client.
INTERNAL LEADERSHIP/LINE MANAGEMENT
- Lead, coach and motivate account/project teams, providing support and guidance to team members on client and project issues.
- Contribute to account team succession planning and resource forecasting.
- Provide a professional perspective on quality procedures and editorial processes within and across accounts.
- Develop close working relationships with team members, thereby enabling provision of regular feedback on performance, both directly and to line managers.
- Through effective line management ensure training, development and appraisal of all line reports, including Writers, Senior Writers, Principal Writers and Editorial Team Leaders as required.
- Lead, coach and motivate an editorial team, providing support and guidance to team members on client, project or internal issues, as required.
- Participate in staff recruitment by assessing the suitability of candidates.
- Actively participate in the organisations training and development programme, coaching individual team members and leading workshops,
- Liaise effectively with account team leaders and the Head of Editorial and Scientific Services to resource projects appropriately and to contribute to brand resource forecasting.
- Monitor, evaluate and promote quality processes and procedures to ensure clients receive class-leading outputs.
- Contribute to the development of forward account plans in liaison with Account Director.
- Support Account Managers by actively contributing to project specifications/cost estimates/reconciliations.
- Ensure that any request for work outside the original specification is discussed with the client and communicated to the Account Manager, as well as the wider project team.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and experience as an exceptional Scientific Director, then this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, internationally renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field, hit that apply button today!