|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum|
|Sector: Life Sciences, Medical Communications||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Paine|
Scientific Director - Medical Communications
A new position has become available for a Scientific Director to join a global healthcare communications organisation. This Scientific Director role, will suit a Principal Writer looking to take the next step in their career. They are looking for someone with strong writing ability, 60% writing as well as a good leader, 40% line management and editorial.
The Scientific Director role will also look at 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
Responsibilities of Scientific Director:
- Supporting the Business Unit Director in the delivery of the partners` and business unit`s visions and goals.
- Senior point of contact for clients, ensuring a high level scientific and strategic planning.
- Translate complex scientific concepts into accessible information for broader audiences.
- Providing leadership to ensure the scientific and strategic excellence of account programmes/projects across the business.
- Mentoring and coaching the business unit multi-disciplinary team to understand and confidently communicate around client science and strategy.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, helping to maintain their image and build the profile and client base.
- Contributes towards the development of proposals/budgets and ensuring projects remain within scope and actively identifies projects going beyond scope.
Requirements of Scientific Director:
- Life Science / Medical Degree - further education to MD or PhD level ideal
- 8+ years' experience in pharma marketing, delivering medical communications solutions
- Preferred to have some experience in a networking agency