|Location: Winchester, Hampshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Olly Nixon|
Section Engineer needed for a construction services organisation based in Winchester who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Section Engineer that takes pride in their work. Within this role you will control, manage and support a team of Site Engineers in a specific discipline.
The successful candidate must currently hold an active drivers license and CSCS card. In addition to this, they must hold an active SMSTS/SSSTS qualification. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that they are followed accurately.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Section Engineer will include:
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities.
- Produces Method Statements and Risk Assessments and undertakes periodic reviews;
- Prepares and raises Temporary Works Briefs, following up to ensure timely implementation;
- Carries out Visitors Induction;
- Completes Accident Book and associated reports as required. Able to undertake incident investigations to required standard;
- Undertakes and mentors less experienced staff in safety audits.
- Carry out complex setting out;
- Provision of 'primary' setting out control and recognizes the optimum location for installation;
- Coach's' junior engineers in the use of setting out techniques.
- Produces Activity Control Plans / Inspection and Test Plans and obtains approval;
- Actively uses the Specification for reference and coaches junior team members in using the Spec;
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system of quality records aligned to the Project Quality Handover requirements;
- Ensures that Site Engineers complete the required quality check sheets on a timely basis for the works;
- Identifies, raises and actions Non-Conformance Reports. Tracks close-out of NCRs within section;
- Identifies and raises Technical Queries (RFIs) with possible solutions. Tracks closeout of RFIs within section.
What experience you need to be the successful Java Developer:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests improvements to systems;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SSSTS or SMSTS qualified;
- Must be a strong team player, with developed communication skills.
- Understands Permit System and actively raises Permits to Work;
- Is able to identify potential hazards and is proactive in implementing actions and controls;
- Good level of Environmental Awareness.
- Able to carry out complex setting out;
- Able to resolve issues with control and information provided;
- Able to identify issues on drawings and suggest construction solutions.
- Understands and has experience of producing ACP;
- Actively drives the production of quality handover documentation and information;
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances;
- Awareness of Specification and other Contract documents.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Section Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.