|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £23000 - £25000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Security Guard needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Security Guard with previous experience in the provision of security at large sites within the Corporate Security, military or police environments, have experience in delivering a physical security service within a large complex organisation; this will include security patrolling, asset protection, control of entry, CCTV monitoring, and monitoring and reacting to intruder alarms, and experience of conducting personnel and vehicle searches.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Security Guard will include:
- Frequent but irregular security patrols, both internal and external including perimeter checks in all weather conditions (24/7).
- The examination of doors, windows, gates and other physical barriers to determine that they are secure.
- The observation of personnel to guard against thefts of company and personal property.
- The inspection of equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- The reporting of any and all security irregularities.
- The provision of access to authorised personnel to company property.
- The issue receipt and storage of security keys.
- Reacting to security incidents.
- Searching of personnel and vehicles.
- Monitoring and reacting to CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection system alarms.
- Front of house duties.
- Escorting of visitors and contractors.
- The provision of out of hours First Aider cover to site
Shift work details:
2 x 12 Hour Days, 2 x 12 Hour Nights, followed by 4 Days off. In addition, you will work a further 26 x 12-hour shifts, per year (either days or nights) on a pre-agreed basis in order to meet business requirements.
What you need to be the successful Security Guard:
In order to be the successful Security Guard and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- IT literate (in particular MS Office)
- Demonstrable experience in the provision of security at large sites within the Corporate Security, military or police environments.
- Must have experience in delivering a physical security service within a large complex organisation; this will include security patrolling, asset protection, control of entry, CCTV monitoring, and monitoring and reacting to intruder alarms.
- Experience of working with and, on occasion, leading small security guard teams.
- Have experience of conducting personnel and vehicle searches.
- Must have a full UK driving license.
- Be able to communicate well with a wide spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds and by multiple means, i.e. face to face, telephone, radio, email, public announcement system.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Be able to work on own initiative and also follow set procedures
- The ability to deal with people and to remain calm under pressure.
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and dynamic work environment.
- Be able to 'step up' into Supervisor position on occasion to help cover holiday/absence, etc.
- Be physically fit and capable of spending extended periods outside in all weather conditions
- Maintain a smart and professional appearance, ensuring a good first impression for the business.
- The successful candidate must be capable of attaining and maintaining a high level of UK Government security clearance.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a current Security Industry Authority license or be able to achieve one within 6 months of commencement of employment.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Security Guard to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.