|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £18000 - £21000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Security Guard to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
2 x 12 hour days followed by 2 12 hour nights
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Guards, patrols, and polices industrial premises to protect property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. Periodically tours premises; examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure; observes departing personnel to guard against thefts of company property; inspects equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred; reports irregularities; sounds alarm; and permits authorized persons to enter property. May examine credentials of persons desiring entrance to restricted areas. May be required to direct traffic on company premises.
- Frequent but irregular security patrols, including with the site's alert dog.
- The examination of doors, windows, gates and other physical barriers to determine that they are secure.
- The observation of personnel to guard against thefts of company and personal property.
- The inspection of equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- The reporting of any and all security irregularities.
- The provision of access to authorized personnel to company property.
- The issuing of security keys.
- Reacting to security incidents.
- Searching of personnel and vehicles.
- Monitoring and reacting to CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection system alarms.
- IT literate (in particular MS Office)
- Must be capable of showing a background in the security of large sites within the Corporate Security, military or police environments.
- Must have experience in physical security, including document security, physical security assets (such as fences and barriers), CCTV monitoring, and monitoring and reacting to intruder alarms.
- Desirable that the individual has experience working with guard dogs.
- Experience of leading small security guard teams.
- Have experience of conducting personnel and vehicle searches.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
- Be able to communicate well with a wide spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Be able to work on own and as part of a team.
- The ability to deal with people and to remain calm under pressure.
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and dynamic work environment.
- Be able to 'step up' into Supervisor position on occasion to help cover holiday/absence, etc.
Member of a 2 person Guard team, part of the larger guard force and security team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (DV)
Click apply now to be considered!