|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £35.00 - £40.00 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Senior 3D Printing Engineer - 39748
As the 3D Printing Senior Engineer based in Leeds you will be an integral part of a global team who will develop 3D Printing technology in partnership with my clients operating companies who will ultimately bring 3D Printed product to market. On a daily basis your work as part of this virtual team in the 3D Printing Team will interact with the Engineering, Quality, Operations and the Design teams to develop this technology. You will lead many Point of Care (POC) activities as well as product and process feasibility discussions while utilizing your experience to ensure the development of a highly successful process that will surpass customer expectations. You will research, develop and implement technologies and associated software solutions to develop a robust supply chain. In this highly rewarding role, your communication and project management skills will be critical to success.
The 3D Printing Senior Engineer will be required to:
* Research, develop and implement material, product and process specifications
* Utilise advanced technologies to design and translate complex 3D product models to advanced 3D Printing technology
* Lead Risk Assessments for products while understanding the clinical and regulatory requirements.
* Develop deep insights into the needs of our operating companies, patients, customers, markets and communities. To cultivate external relationships and forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise.
* Drive innovation by anticipating and shaping industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
* Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams. To empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability
* Lead 3D Printing Engineering activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
* Project management
* Lead development for polymer 3D Printing
* Bringing 3D Printing Technologies to production readiness
* Lead process design for product manufacture.
* Manage Partner Development, technology Readiness Assessments, PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process development/validation activities.
* Deliver stable, lean manufacturing solutions.
* Budget control
* Degree in Mechanical/Biomedical/Materials Engineering or a related discipline with 6 years' experience
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in R&D of Medical Devices
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
* Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills
* Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
* Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
* Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
* Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
* Chartered Engineer
* Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
* Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
* Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.