|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
Air Vehicle Design Engineer
We are looking for an Air Vehicle Design Engineer to join an innovative aerospace company in Bedfordshire.
This is a permanent position for someone to join the business and begin working on extremely interesting and innovative air vehicle projects.
We need someone with an expert knowledge of air vehicles design and will be actively seeking design engineers with previous & proven aerospace experience.
Please read on if you are interested in the Air Vehicle Design Engineer vacancy!
The Air Vehicle Design Engineer will be responsible for preliminary/conceptual design and analysis of aerospace vehicles, associated systems and related aspects, working as a part of a small team who are already at the forefront of air vehicle innovation.
You will be undertaking design, analysis, modelling and optimisation of new and existing air vehicles and systems.
Responsibilities of the Air Vehicle Design Engineer
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of client/customer requirements/technical specifications using structured techniques and processes, with an understanding of whole air vehicle design, operational concepts and through life issues.
- Perform conceptual and preliminary design analysis using text book techniques, where applicable.
- Participate in reporting technical progress associated with achieving the programme milestones.
- Extend text book design analysis to cater for novel/unusual design aspects.
- Research and propose approaches to address challenging air vehicle requirements taking into account the readiness and risks of any technologies proposed for application.
- Conceptualise innovative solutions to air vehicle and associated problems and challenging requirements, using multi-disciplinary approach and with and appreciation of systems integration issues.
- Assist in the production of plans to de-risk novel aspects of air vehicles/systems.
- Support the provision of timely, economic, responses to customer requirements.
- Support Business Development in the pre-contract discussions and production of proposals through appropriate level analysis of air vehicle option performance.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge for Air Vehicle Design Engineer
- A degree in a relevant engineering field.
- Ideally MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design of Aircraft engineering
- Driving license is preferred
- UK national since 2015 at least.
- Understanding and experience of air vehicle conceptual design and performance analysis.
- Understanding and experience of air vehicle aerodynamics, stability and control and structural design.
- Understanding of air vehicle propulsion and power system performance.
- Understanding of air vehicle system integration issues
- Understanding of current and future air vehicle types and their applications
- Familiar with air vehicle optimisation approaches
- Some familiarity with the quality procedures and working practices under ISO9001, EASA/CAA & DAOS approvals preferable but not essential.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Familiar with MS Office tools.
- Familiar with aerospace analysis and design methods and tools, e.g. Catia, MathCAD, Matlab, etc.
Why apply for this Air Vehicle Design Engineer position?
This opportunity is a genuinely exciting opportunity to be involved in projects that are going to propel our nations aerospace industry into a new and innovative spaces.
On top of having 100% job satisfaction, we can offer a generous salary that is reflective of the role you will be doing, and a desirable package.
Please do enquire for more specific information on the role.
How to Apply for this Role
Please call Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503 and quote reference: Air Vehicle Design Engineer
Alternatively you can click 'Apply Now!' with your full CV and contact details and we will call you.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.