|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Bens|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Senior Applications Engineer (EMEA)
Salary - £35,000 to £45,000
I have a great Opportunity for a Senior Applications Engineer to join a very successful and growing Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you unlimited career progression not just with in the UK but globally as well. My client is working on some very exciting projects that you will never get to work on anywhere else. If you want to make a difference and work on something unique then this is the role for you!
In this highly technical role, you will work closely with the Head of Business Development to identify and analyse opportunities for the company to grow and secure business across a broad range of markets and technologies.
You will be based in Chelmsford but regularly travel across EMEA to work with customers and partners, to attend conferences and trade events.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Applications Engineer will include:
* Use your expert technical knowledge and understanding to identify and analyse potential areas for business growth in the Radiotherapy, Industrial, Transportation and Science markets;
* Work with the Head of Business Development (EMEA) to unlock opportunities that are aligned with our strategy and provide a solid platform from which to successfully win new business;
* Work with the Systems Engineering team to accurately capture customer requirements in order to support successful delivery on new opportunities;
* Build close relationships with our customers based on integrity and excellence, maintaining a level of contact which allows rapid identification of opportunities and threats;
* Build an awareness of the potential synergies between other internal businesses and leverage this to identify business opportunities;
* Develop ideas for input to the R&D portfolio and influence the wider engineering team on projects;
In order to be the successful Senior Applications Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Degree level qualified in physics or a relevant engineering discipline;
* Experience of working in a relevant technical/engineering environment;
* Good knowledge of RF, Microwave and high voltage physics and engineering;
* Strong appreciation for the relative effort required to deliver on different technical developments/solutions;
* Understanding of the fundamental components and critical parameters of RF, Microwave and high voltage systems;
* Strong commercial awareness;
* Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, particularly in a customer-facing capacity;
* An ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
* Able to obtain Security Clearance a bonus
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Applications Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!