|Location: City of London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly O'Keefe|
Senior Bid Manager
City of London
Salary: £65,000 + Car Allownace + Bens
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager to join a leading Construction Specialist. You will be responsible for leading bids through the full lifecycle from proposal to completion. Ideally you will come from a similar background with extensive Construction experience.
Planning a bid to bring everyone together in a very short deadline is one of your biggest challenges. If you're a good Bid Manager, you know the most important thing is your strategy.
Bringing technical, commercial, planning, legal, managers and senior management together for input, comments, review or approval takes time, patience, and a lot of chasing (and herding), particularly when you're up against competition and deadlines.
As a Senior Bid Manager for us, you'll ensure that all our client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that we have best possible chance of success
What's expected of me?
- To lead by example - you'll set the standard for the team and support training of others to improve quality of bids
- Someone we can count on- you're a primary point of contact and willing to support others with critical deadlines
- You're accountable- maintain critical standard proposal information ensuring information is shared across the team
- A thorough thinker- analyse our client's requirements in a lot of detail
- And a forward thinker too- plan work process and draw up timetable of key deliverables in preparation of bid
- The first to speak up- chair start-up meeting with teams to agree strategy, content, presentation and actions
- Not shy of making changes- review, edit and write material for the bid and liaise with peers in other departments to share best practice
- Adaptable to various characters- day to day liaison with other senior members within the business to ensure all bids are delivered in a timely manner and to the highest quality
- 'Software savvy'- prepare presentations for post-tender interview and responses
- Questioning- Obtain feedback on bid proposals, communicate lessons learned and implement improvements for future bids
What sort of person are we looking for?
- A go getting, success seeker- a good team player with a "extra mile" attitude
- Industry specialist- you should come from a construction background and experience in bidding projects (ideally with a main contractor)
- Someone who can spin the plates, fast, without letting them drop- you will be working on several bids simultaneously and our turnaround time can be as quick as 4 weeks. Prioritize, let's go, repeat!
What do we offer?
- Basic salary plus car/travel allowance, Private healthcare including private GP service
- Discounts such as gym, cinema etc to ensure you're still reaping the benefits even when you leave the office.
- Pension scheme.
- Your work-life balance really matters to us, so in addition to your holiday allowance we have a You Day to allow you to take an additional day off to celebrate a special event, spend time with your family or just do something that will make your life easier or more enjoyable.
- So that you can start your weekend just that little bit earlier, we finish at 16.00 on a Friday