|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior Bid Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager to join a leading space technology company based in Surrey. You will be responsible for leading bids through the full lifecycle from proposal to completion. My client offers a fantastic environment to work in with a great work life balance. You do not want to pass this opportunity by without finding out more!
The successful Senior Bid Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 32 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
- Free private healthcare and travel insurance
Some of the main duties of the Senior Bid Manager will include:
- Follow the Company Bid Process to deliver high quality bids on time.
- Work closely with the Business Development & Sales (BDS) team to gain a good understanding of customer requirements and bid deliverables.
- Implement the bid strategy as defined by the relevant Head of Business.
- Liaise with the BDS, Project and Engineering Divisions to allocate additional projects and engineering team resources as required.
- Liaise with the Project Finance and Commercial teams as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a Bid Plan and allocated bid budget.
- Co-ordinate and chair bid kick-off, and regular progress meetings
- Manage production of bid documents, ensuring that all sections are edited together in a coherent, logical and well formatted style.
- Organise review team and schedule.
- Chair reviews.
- Manage production of deliverables (bid documents, presentations, files, CDs, etc) and take responsibility for writing key parts of the bid/proposal.
- Ensure the bare minimum of resources is used in the production of the bid.
- Ensure the bid is reviewed, approved and signed off by relevant authority before submitting to customer.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality of the companies' bids through lessons learned on previous bids, customer feedback, and assessment of competitor/consortium offers where accessible.
In order to be the successful Senior Bid Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Working in a customer-facing environment
- Management role within Engineering, Projects, or Commercial teams
- Customer and market interaction
- Delivering projects or bids
- High degree of motivation and initiative
- Excellent at planning and organising
- Good writing ability
- First class inter-personal and communication skills to deal coherently with people at all levels
- Management and leadership capability
- Recognised ability to deliver
- Commercially-focused, "win-win" mindset
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager to join an amazing company and work on some brilliant projects. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!