|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Buyer required for a globally recognised defence / electronics manufacturing company who are based in Weymouth.
My client are looking for a Senior Buyer to be responsible for the day to day line management of the purchasing team. Ideally candidates will have experience working as a Buyer within an electronics company.
Salary for this position will be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Benefits for Senior Buyer:
- Flexible working
- Health and dental care
- Matched pension
- & many more!
Experience & Qualifications Needed for Senior Buyer:
- Must be adept with reviewing, manipulation and analysis of data, able to draw conclusions and express these in an open manner.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Good working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft Office applications
- A strong understanding of general business principles, able to balance risk and reward
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Self-motivated with an ability and desire to understand the wider business context
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, able to re-prioritise tasks as required to meet dynamic business objectives.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Buyer position:
- Prepare and coordinate supplier performance and development reviews and activities.
- Identify, propose and, where authorised, revise and implement improvement opportunities
- Prepare and conduct tendering processes with suppliers, negotiating to conclusion and contract award.
- Support to the Purchasing Manager on strategic business goals and wider group Procurement community
- Prepare, review and disseminate business unit purchasing data
- Prepare and report departmental KPIs as required
- Delegation of purchasing activities within the team and monitoring of progress
- Day to day line management and supervision of purchasing team.
- Support other departments and colleagues where required in explaining and promoting purchasing values and benefits.
To apply for this exciting permanent Senior Buyer opportunity please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.