|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
A market leader in military aircraft engineering is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their organisation in Bournemouth on a permanent basis.
We need someone to support, plan, implement and deliver a procurement strategy for a key business program.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Buyer will include:
- Managing second tier suppliers and supporting strategic supply chain development with guidance from the management team
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships across departments, in particular with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing
- Supporting bid teams to source, manage and secure con-contracts
Skills and Qualifications of the Senior Buyer Role:
We need to hire the best talent across the industry, so having previous experience/skills of the below is a must. We will accept applicants who aren't a 100% match but provide a strong cover letter to show off your strengths.
- Extensive background in managing a supply base, and managing supplier performance
- Ability to build procurement strategy around a second-tier supplier base
- Experience working with Operational Function such as Materials Management, Planning and Logistics
- Extensive use of MRP systems for purchase order management
- Previous experience working in an aerospace engineering organisation
- An understanding of EASA regulations
- Part 21G, J and 145 would be advantageous
- A strong knowledge of procurement and contract management principles, as well as project management.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
The successful Senior Buyer will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary plus a full benefits package.
To find out more specific information please do enquire by calling Meg at Gold Group on 01342 330503 or sending your CV in
We don't think this opportunity of Senior Buyer is going to be around for long time, so please do click apply now to get your application in!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.