|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Senior C# / .NET Developer
Benefits 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays / Private Medical Cover / Life Assurance / Interest Free Season Ticket Loan / Subsidized Gym Membership
Senior C# / .NET developer required for my client based in London who are a global financial services company, providing customers with multi-asset and multi-market trading capability through financial spread betting products.
As a Senior C# / .NET Developer, you will be a key part of the development team, responsible for the onward development of the trading platforms. You will write new middleware components and maintain existing components in order to improve the stability, performance and functionality of the platforms and associated technology.
As a Senior C# / .NET Developer minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience in a similar role looking for the opportunity to build on their previous experience in designing and developing in C# for complex high performance organisations.
As a Senior C# / .NET Developer enthusiasm for software development, creative problem solving and software technologies.
If this is something that interests you, then let's talk.
As a Senior C# / .NET Developer responsibilities include:
*Technical design and timely implementation of code changes and various system enhancements to the trading platforms according to technical specifications and the company's design, coding and performance tuning standards.
*Work closely with the Development Manager and your colleagues to review and contribute to technical specifications.
*Learn relevant middleware technologies and techniques as per the specific position within the team and share knowledge with your colleagues in the development team.
*Review peer code changes.
*Work closely with the Testing team to resolve issues that arise during the testing of developed software.
*Work with the company's Support and Release teams to resolve problems with the deployment process of code changes and associated technology.
*Follow, expand and contribute to the company's internal documentation system.
*Ensure all codes of practice, systems of work and processes are adhered to.
*Work together with all other team and departments to ensure that our other customers receive the best possible technology solutions.
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the company's objectives.
As a Senior C# / .NET Developer skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience of designing and developing complex multi-threaded, high performance services and/or service-side applications at both a high and low level on the Microsoft stack and C#/.Net, including UI development using WPF.
- Should have experience diagnosing and optimising both memory usage and performance across C#/.Net.
- SQL Server experience including stored procedures.
- Experience of low latency communications protocols and specifically low latency message queues (Reuters RFA/Tibco EMS/Rabbit MQ)
- Must be familiar with GIT source control
- Must be familiar with unit testing, specifically NUnit
- Analysis and high/low level design capabilities using Objects Orientated techniques.
- Enthusiasm for tackling difficult problems and proven analytical abilities.
- Strong awareness of timelines and task priority.
- Good communication skills are required, with the ability to understand and communicate issues succinctly and without ambiguity using appropriate technical vocabulary.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of developing highly scalable systems.
- Experience of C++ development.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.