|Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire||Salary: £43000 - £46000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Senior Civils Engineer
Welwyn Garden City
£43,000 - £46,000
Great opportunity to work for a niche civil/structural consultancy carrying out design work around London.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
* Have full responsibility of attracting and mentoring junior engineers
* Deliver projects through all stages of development
* Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships.
* Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
* Act on behalf of the company at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
* Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
* Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and PDS/Civils3D Model production.
* Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
Must haves for the Senior Civils Engineer:
* Candidates will have a BEng/BSc degree in Civil or Environmental Engineer and be Chartered or near Chartered (CEng).
* Sound experience in flood risk assessments, SuDS, pavement designs, managing projects, checking and preparing engineering reports, drawings and figures to a high standard.
* Will be proficient in use of AutoCAD, Micro Drainage and Civil 3D.
* Experience in sectional agreements including S278, S38, S104 and S106.
* Good, proven management skills.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.