|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Engineering, Corporate & Professional Services, Production, Commercial, Design, Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Commercial Officer
Senior Commercial Officer needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Commercial Officer with an in-depth knowledge of contract law - practice or business based working with complex organisations, managing and advising on commercial and business risk, and the Aerospace/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Commercial Officer will include:
- Supporting the supply chain with (and where appropriate leading) contract negotiations.
- Providing advice to the supply chain personnel with regards to contractual positions
- Ensuring that contracts are signed and approved in line with company procedures.
- Supporting the Commercial Manger with (and where appropriate leading) commercial claims (either submitted to the supply base or received from the supply base)
- Supporting new policies and procedures to put them in place
- Ensuring that header contract provisions are flown down to suppliers.
- Ensuring that existing contracts are fit for purpose and highlighting areas which require amendment.
- Providing best fit agreements to the procurement team.
- Reviewing terms and conditions received from the supplier.
- Providing battle of the form guidance to the procurement team.
- Ensuring any contractual change is managed appropriately.
What you need to be the successful Senior Commericial Officer:
In order to be the successful Senior Commercial Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Law or Business.
- Broad Contract Law knowledge.
- Experience of working within the Aerospace, Defence, Engineering or Manufacturing industry.
- An understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations is highly desirable.
- Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk.
- International commercial awareness
- US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Senior Commercial Officer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.