|Location: Malvern, Worcestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Crpyto Security Engineer
Senior Crpyto Security Engineer needed for a leading defence company based in Malvern. They are looking to employ an experienced Senior Crpyto Security Engineer who will be providing technical advice and design aspects of systems that include cryptography and key management. To do this you will need applicable experience working within the Government security domain and a proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the "big picture" and technical details.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Crpyto Security Engineer will include:
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, consultancy, design and analysis for future cryptographic and key management systems.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on cryptography and information security, including developing knowledge and experience of more junior team members
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multi-disciplinary, multi organisation teams to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Through engagement with customers identify and develop business opportunities
- Lead the development of proposals in response to requests from customers and consortium partners.
- Act as lead consultant on customer research and consultancy tasks.
- Deliver high quality analysis, reports, and presentations which focus on customer problems and solutions.
- Represent the company in multi-supplier consortia.
- Rapid learning and consideration of the technical, security, and political landscape
- Communicating complex technical ideas to multiple stakeholders and customers at all levels, including technical and non-technical.
What you need to be the successful Senior Crpyto Security Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Crpyto Security Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent (minimum upper second class)
- Applicable experience working within the Government security domain.
- Knowledge and experience of crypto or key management development
- Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
- Proven ability to rapidly interpret customer requirements and understand complex trade-offs in drawing conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the "big picture" and technical details.
- Proven ability to engage with technical experts and incorporate their input into broader technical solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills.
Desirable Experience of some or all of the following:
- Security risk analysis and requirements capture
- Security architectures and technology (hardware, software)
- Systems engineering design and implementation processes
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Crpyto Security Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Senior Crpyto Security Engineer role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.