|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Scott|
Glasgow - Bristol - Portsmouth
Design Engineer needed for a multinational Security and Aerospace organisation based in a number of locations, who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Design Engineer to work on a number of new and upcoming projects, ensuring that objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer will include:
- Produce Layout Drawings for Aviation compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications for review and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Aviation systems.
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews.
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
- Support the development of the Aviation OPSTAT
- Act as the SME within the Aviation Integrated Platform Team (AV-IPT) and Aviation Working Groups, discussing progress against the plan and changes/updates in the design
- Mature Aviation design documentation in line with the programmes contractual obligations.
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the Canadian Surface Combatant, as directed by Line Management.
What experience you need to be the successful Design Engineer:
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a Technology, Engineering or Science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
- Minimal experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within current discipline
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade-off decisions
- Experience in an Aviation Ship Design environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers.
- Displays flexibility through response to radical changes.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship Aviation systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Aviation includes the design integration of:
- the Aircraft Handling System
- design or modification of Aviation services and compartments
- development of the Aviation safety case and development of contractual documents.
- Experience with Ship aviation design is desirable.
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.